In order to participate in game sessions conducted by researchers associated with the Centre for Experimental Social Sciences Nuffield – FLAME University, a person has to register online (http://www.cessindia.in/) and sign a consent form indicating that he/she understands the rules and consents to take part in the sessions. This form may be signed at the time of the first participation in a laboratory session.
Rules for laboratory sessions.
- By registering for laboratory sessions, you indicate your intention of taking part in studies conducted by researchers of CESS Nuffield – FLAME University.
- For each session, a certain number of registered people will get an invitation email. Only the invited people have the right to take part in the game session.
- In case you get an email which invites you to participate in a particular session, you have to take the steps outlined in this email in order to be able to take part in the study. By doing so, you indicate your commitment to participate.
- For each session, an excess number of participants will be allowed to register. Should more participants arrive than can be used, a random draw will be used to determine who will participate. Participants who register and show up but are not allowed to participate in the session due to capacity constraints or other failures are compensated with the show-up payment.
- Every participant who registers for a session and shows up on time will at least be compensated by a show-up payment of Rs.100. Participants who arrive after the scheduled start of a session and do not participate will not receive the show-up payment.
- Usually, participation will be compensated in cash. The amount may depend on the participant's and other participants' decisions during the session.
- During a session, each participant will have to act according to the rules stated by the researchers in the instructions. Subjects who do not obey researcher instructions and lab rules may be asked to leave.
- If you agree to take part in a particular session, you are expected to arrive at least 5 minutes ahead of time. This will help us start the session on time. Additionally, if you do not turn up or turn up late then the session might be cancelled because of a lack of participants.